Tandem Flight In Hong Kong
- Once arriving at the meetup point, we will drive up the mountain, then hike for 30 minutes to the top of the mountain. From there we will assess the weather conditions before taking off. Once ready, your pilot will do all the work. You will be strapped into all of the equipment (provided by us) before taking off. You will just need to hold the action camera during the flight. Usually your pilot will land on the beach. Please be aware of possible delays from weather conditions. Your pilot will be from the club "Highfly Paragliding". If you are close to 105kg, your flight time may be limited.
THINGS TO KNOW:
THINGS TO KNOW:
What to wear and bring:
What to wear and bring:
- Dress according to the weather, but be sure to wear some sport shoes (hiking shoes). Bring bottled water, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and wear long pants. Bringing a snack is also a good idea.
- 2-3 Hours
- Flight times are highly dependent on the weather conditions, but typically flights are 10-20 minutes.
- Meetup and landing locations are shown below.
- English and Chinese
- 20kg - 105kg
- There are no age restrictions
- J F M A M J J A S O N D (Year Round)
mEETUP POINT / Landing Location:
Note: We will choose one of these three locations a few days before the scheduled flight based on the weather conditions. We will notify you of the chosen location.
Schek O (Dragon Back): Lan Nai Wan Trailhead Location
Shek O Rocky Beach
Ma On Shan: NR84 bus stop 馬鞍山村總站
Take-Off And Landing Location:
Ngong Ping Viewing Point (Ma On Shan馬鞍山昂平take off point)
Note: The take-off and landing locations are the same. Guests can also meet at the take-off location if they choose to hike and meet us up there.
Lantau: 伯公坳GPS Pak Kung Au
Note: For this meetup location, you can walk 1 minute towards Gazabo (Sunset Peak Way).
- Price: 2,500 HKD.
- Deposit: To reserve the training, you will need to make a deposit of $38 USD (300 HKD) by booking online. The remaining 2,200 HKD can be paid upon arrival
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp or KakaoTalk if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 9853 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11
- WeChat ID: jgolds11
FAQ / Cancellation Policy:
What should i wear?
There is no special clothing that needs to be worn for paragliding, but we recommend long pants and proper shoes. Please no sandals or high heels. You will have to hike for about 30 minutes to reach the takeoff location, so proper clothing will be needed.
What is the height and weight limit?
There is no height limit, but the your weight needs to be between 20-105 kilograms.
How long is the flight?
Flights are 10-20 minutes.
What if the training needs to be cancelled?
If the instructional tandem flight needs to be cancelled due to strong wind or rain, then you will be informed two days prior to your scheduled date via email. Please be sure to check for this. We are always keeping a close watch on the forecast, however, cancellations do happen. We can reschedule, or you can choose to receive a full refund of your deposit within 2-3 business days.
What is the best season to fly?
We fly all year. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter are all great times to fly.
What is the age limit?
There is no age limit. Anyone with an interest in paragliding with us can fly. If you are under the age of 18, we will need consent from a parent or guardian.
Is paragliding dangerous?
Statistically paragliding is no more dangerous than driving a car. All pilots have many years of flying experience and will be teaching guests the basics of paragliding.
Do I need to purchase special insurance?
All guests will need to sign a waiver before the flight. If guests want special paragliding insurance, they should find such insurance in their home country.
Should I bring my camera?
Sure why not? More photos to enjoy the experience would be great, but for safety reasons, you can not take photos or video during the flight. Your instructional pilot will have a GoPro camera for the flight. An analysis and copy of the video will be given to guests at the end of the day.
What is the cancellation policy?
If the instructional tandem course is cancelled due to weather, then you will receive a full refund within 2-3 business days. If you want to cancel after already making a reservation with us, then you must do so within 72 hours of your scheduled course to receive a full refund. This allows us to schedule other guests in your place. If you cancel with less than 72 hours, or simply do not show up, you will receive no refund.
How important is the weather?
The weather is very important to paragliding. Safety is the first priority, so we will be checking the weather regularly. We will notify customers at least 2 days prior to the scheduled flight if cancellations need to be made.